Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Apologies


Sorry It's been several days since I last updated my blog. I've been getting moved into my house! I'm all set up now and ready to go! So, I'm working on something really huge that I'm gonna put up here, and it's taking a VERY long time. But I think if I get it just right, it'll be worth the effort. So while I'm working on that, I thought I would share with you a story I heard a few weeks back that I found very amusing. Some friends were talking about it, and I had never heard the story before. At first I was fairly convinced that they were making up, but in all seriousness, it's real:

"23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up the road, some youths came from the city and mocked him, and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead! Go up, you baldhead!”24 So he turned around and looked at them, and pronounced a curse on them in the name of the Lord. And two female bears came out of the woods and mauled forty-two of the youths.25 Then he went from there to Mount Carmel, and from there he returned to Samaria." 2 Kings 2:23-25.

The man in the story is Elisha by the way. Just think about this story though, some kids are by the road and start mocking him, and how does he react? He curses them and sicks some bears on the. Forty-two of them. This is just one of those stories that amaze me. It really makes the Bible a fun read. Who doesn't love some good bear mauling action?


2 comments:

  1. jebodiah and jethro kill bears all the time... they go on lots of hunting trips and family reunions... i kid you not!!!

    ReplyDelete